Bain Public to take part in a Product Management conversation on One Knight in Product podcast.
(Montreal, Canada) – Paul Ortchanian, Founder, CEO, Head of Product of Bain Public joins Jason Knight, creator, host, producer, editor and promoter of the One Knight in Product podcast.
The podcast is a fireside chat style podcast where Jason aims to speak to people in and around digital product management, get their perspectives, learn from their experiences and share their stories. From the start, Jason wanted to make this an inclusive podcast and aims to cover a range of guests; from seasoned product leaders to people trying to make it into the business, from unknowns to influencers.
Some of his more high profile guests include: Marty Cagan (author of Inspired & Empowered), Janna Bastow (founder ProdPad & Mind The Product), Jackie Bavaro (author of Cracking the PM Interview & Cracking the PM Career), Carlos Villaumbrosia (founder Product School), Cindy Alvarez (author of Lean Customer Development) and Marc Abraham (author of My Product Management Toolkit & Managing Product = Managing Tension), April Dunford (author of Obviously Awesome).
But it's not all about the high profile guests, Jason genuinely looks to cover a variety of diverse opinions and experiences and has a very strong interest in exploring diversity topics which are so, so important.
By day he serves as a B2B product guy and leads the Product team for DueDil, a London-based RegTech startup. Jason’s been getting disruptive products built for years, including biometric survey platforms (voice and face tracking), self-service survey platforms (sort of like Qualtrics), data-science backed trend prediction SaaS and now building APIs for financial services firms to automate their onboarding and risk selection. More than anything Jason is a complete product management nerd; he loves speaking about all things product management related, learning from other people's perspectives (and of course now sharing them with others).
If you’re interested in building or designing tech products, make sure you don’t miss out on his discussion with Paul.
We talk about a lot, including:
- How a lack of product thinking in Montreal and experience in Silicon Valley led him to create a consultancy to fix it
- How his great experience in Silicon Valley and imbibing the product culture there was an advantage
- The challenge of "Moses syndrome" from CEOs who think they're the second coming because they have secured funding
- The trouble with traditional startup mentors not coming from digital backgrounds
- How and why they invented the SOAP methodology to help Product Managers understand what they should be working on and when
- Some of the troubles that mixed mode product / service companies have
- How to arm yourself against short term thinking and sales-led feature development
- The importance of using data to justify your product decisions
- The importance of being able to handle rejection and people saying no
- How to take control of the discussion with sales & marketing and not just blame them
About Paul Ortchanian
Paul Ortchanian is a pro in injecting strategies and tactics to monetize his client's businesses. He held leadership roles at Bay Area startups and high growth organizations like WatchMojo -- helping establish product functions, as well as large strategic consulting companies such as Edelman where he organized product-led initiatives across national/regional offices. A consultant, coach, keynote speaker, and author all wrapped up in one, Paul shares his transition out of the corporate world and into starting his own business Bain Public, revealing the extreme challenges of unblocking company structure and policies from doing the right thing.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Would you like our Product Management Premiere E-book? Visit our Download page →
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -