Blaise Transit, A Bain Public Client, Says 'No Problem' Heading Into 2023!
Blaise Transit, a Bain Public client, recently announced new business updates that demonstrates their ongoing success and perseverance in the industry. They monopolized the summer & fall to double down on their client efforts, market strategy and planning for new features for the next set of cities they targeted in 2023.
About Blaise Transit
Blaise is an AI-based software platform that allows transit operators to run on-demand bus services using their existing vehicles. Built on pillars of sustainability, innovation and inclusion, Blaise Transit improves and optimizes the user experience for multi-passenger vehicles fleet operators. As a smart Mobility start-up, they developed solutions to optimise and revolutionize public transport systems and services. Founded by CEO Justin Hunt and CTO Ben Hudson, Blaise Transit is headquartered in Montreal and has been supported by some of the world’s top accelerators, including Techstars and Canada’s Next 36!
Blaise has been working with Bain Public since 2019, after meeting them at Techstars Montréal AI Accelerator. We’ve helped provide them with the product leadership consulting, coaching, advice and support they need to bring their entire technical roadmap to the next level.
"Paul and his team have been great at sorting through lists of requirements from clients (either directly or through RFPs) and deciphering what the themes are and which client problem they’re related to. They helped me and my team reduce a lot of our workload on the product management side, but obviously you still know your customers and industry best, so earmark some time to review things. The work we did with Paul is work I wish we had done much earlier – many mistakes early on in the business could have been avoided had we spent the time understanding our customers, market, customer journey, competitors, earlier on. I used to think this was a bit of a waste of time and I need to be selling and building, but if you don’t properly know who you’re selling to, and what you’re building for (and for who), you’ll spend even more time going in circles." – Justin Hunt, CEO of Blaise Transit
Blaise Transit’s New Business Updates:
- Last spring, they completed a pre-seed financing round led by Anges Québec and Investissement Québec. This round allowed the company to raise $2.4 million.
- They launched their transportation in 4 new cities: Tecumseh (ON), Leamington (ON), Perth County (ON) and the Acadian Peninsula (NB)
- Their solution is being tested by the Société de transport de Trois-Rivières, which participated in a pilot project.
- They are currently conducting feasibility studies in several other municipalities, including the city of Saguenay.
- They won their first contract with a municipal county in Quebec.
- Prescott and Russell renewed their contract with Blaise until 2024.
If you would like to learn more about how we helped Blaise Transit, check out our case study.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Would you like our Product Management Premiere E-book? Visit our Download page →
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -