Feel Giving Back is Bad for Business? We Know We’re on the Right Track.
At Bain Public, we believe that giving back is good business and excellent for the pedagogic value of enhancing our technology, market and industry understanding. Over the last year, through ongoing giving to Canadian accelerators, we’ve contributed over 700 hours of pro bono work for young up and coming startups and entrepreneurs.
The standout component is our one-on-one time with the startup founders. Running a startup is not easy work. They forgo stability in exchange for the promise of fast growth. The solutions are not obvious, and success is not guaranteed. We hope they gained from our experience, network of people, encouragement, and ideas.
We’ve been able to bring the ideas of product leadership, product strategy, and product management to products developed by local startup entrepreneurs. As advisors, we contribute to:
- Zú Focus program. Zú is a non-profit organization whose mission is to gather, help and promote creatives in the entertainment sector to develop world-class innovative projects.
- Next AI. Next AI is a world-class program for artificial intelligence-based ventures and technology commercialization.
- Holt Accelerator. An AI Fintech Accelerator; modern-day brokers, accelerating deals for fintech startups between corporate clients and investors. Aims to provide executives insights, advice and tools to navigate success for their business.
- FounderFuel. FounderFuel works to develop both the skill sets and mindsets of the founders shaping our future through game-changing technology. New founders learn and grow, hone their business models and stories and take their companies to the next level.
- Women’s Founder Project. The ultimate goal of WFP is to provide support for students who have entrepreneurial ambitions. They believe that creating a space for female student founders to gain knowledge and support — in ways they may not previously have been able to — is one way of achieving this goal.
- Techstars. Techstars is a worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Techstars founders and their teams connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporate partners who will help their companies grow.
- OSMO Innovation. OSMO is a non-profit established in 2009 by Montreal entrepreneurs to help develop a world-class startup ecosystem in our city. In the decade since, Montreal has evolved to become one of the world’s most attractive cities for tech entrepreneurs and a global leader in the high-growth sectors of AI, gaming and robotics.
COVID initiative. The COVID Challenge is an innovation competition whose objective is to develop concrete and innovative solutions to the major challenges of the post-crisis that affect all sectors of activity.
To be a successful entrepreneur, you need perseverance, discipline, passion, confidence in your abilities, and good problem-solving skills. The entrepreneurs taking part in those initiatives grow with a greater focus on the product; they grow as leaders with greater passion, energy, confidence, creativity, gratitude, and practical knowledge of how to do more with less. However, without guidance, many driven entrepreneurs lack the wherewithal to succeed in competitive industries. Which is why we offer our services to help them prioritize and create products, the right way.
Bain Public is a product leadership firm that helps companies make informed decisions and deliver superior quality products that appeal to customers and achieve business goals. We offer a variety of blog posts, e-books and approaches designed to help you understand your digital strategies and establish elements of the product roadmap in the fabric of your business. A lack of strategy in planning your products is accompanied by a lack of focus and direction, which means things can quickly get out of hand. We step in to assess, clean up, and eliminate friction between people and processes to stimulate the organization and maintain focus on creating quality products. For more information, visit bainpublic.com or call 514-442-8487.