UI/UX Designer Intern - Fall/Winter 2022
Bain Public (acquired by XMachina) is looking to hire a UI/UX Designer Internship - Fall/Winter 2022
Bain Public is looking for a talented intern to join our UX team with a focus on Graphic Design. What for? First, to apply what you’ve learned in school – but with cooler assignments. Second, to assist and work in collaboration with the rest of the Product Management team and third, to work in collaboration with our outbound communication team – which includes social media and a team of content creators.
Client Contribution & Handling
- Create the UX flow and layout for digital products;
- Participate in meetings in order to share ideas and knowledge;
- Complete research and gather data before taking on a new task in order to insure efficient management and reaching the objectives through a proper understanding of the interface’s functional requirements, by having at hand the necessary reference material, and by clearly understanding the strategic direction and the technical requirements;
- Work in close collaboration with the Product Management team.
- Proactively share creative ideas to extend existing mandates
- Conceive and create the visual content (social, e-book, website, email);
While these will be your key areas of ownership, we’re a small team at Bain Public, so you’ll likely pitch in on a variety of other initiatives, from communication campaigns to research to prospecting and networking. Succeeding at Bain Public means doing whatever is needed even if it’s not expressly outlined in the job description.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Pursuing a diploma in Graphic Design or related area;
- Knows the difference between B, A and A+ product experience.
- Have a big interest in design and technology (SaaS, AI, IoT)
- Experience designing UI and UX for digital products;
- Have legit graphics skills (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Have a good understanding of typography, colour theory, layout design, and animation;
- Creative, autonomous, ability to adapt to requests;
- Write thoughtful, well-structured business cases; considering strategies and objectives
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in the nascent space of roadmap planning that is ripe for disruption;
- Competitive salary and participation in employee stock option plan;
- Benefits plan including health, dental, life and AD&D benefits;
- Flexible work hours to accommodate both work and home life;
- Opportunities for coaching and mentorship in product;
- Fun, inclusive team events and team lunches (currently virtual)
Work where you want to
We’re looking for the right person to join our team so this role isn’t limited by geography and may be 100% remote. The only requirement is that you must be legally able to work in Canada.
Flexible start date
Interviewing at Bain Public
- Phone Screen Interview
- Communication & Listening skills Interview
- Technical & UX exercise
- Top-grading Interview
Based in Montreal, Bain Public is a digital product consultancy. We help middle market companies and scrappy startups create new value with design- and technology-based products and strategies. We transform our clients into product-led companies through teaching and collaborative development. Our group of experienced Product Managers works closely with C-suite leadership teams to build products, prototypes and MVPs.
XMachina-AI Inc. seeks to provide a platform for the acquisition of Artificial Intelligence ("AI") entities in North America. The Company’s thesis is based on an aggregation strategy to acquire successful AI targets and make them better through the addition of growth capital, streamlining of corporate processes and human capital acquisitions. The current sector focus of the Company is on enhancing supply-chain efficiencies, logistics and manufacturing.
What to Expect
In the short term… you will play an enthusiastic role in the roadmap output of our customers, covering both strategic opportunities and problems that have been validated across the product ecosystem, being a real ambassador for the Bain Public SOAPTM product management process with both clients and industry partners.
After 6 months in this role… you will be maintaining, developing and evolving the roadmap output to ensure all the best ideas are heard, client-side stakeholders are engaged in a way that makes everyone more aware of possibilities.
And after a year…you will be an integral player across Bain Public and beyond, including but not limited to, working with the C-Suite team to discover business opportunities; with Marketing & Sales to shape the go-to-market brief; with Engineering on scope feasibility and executional validity of ideas and also to see those ideas through to quality of execution alongside Customer Support teams.
Bain Public is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
To find out more, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Would you like our Product Management Premiere E-book? Visit our Download page →
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -